Saturday, July 20, 2013

I Can't Sleep by Anthony Morgan

I can't sleep...
My mind is racing like tom and jerry chasing,
Thoughts bouncing back and forth like armed guards pacing,
My eyes closed but the pictures are bold,
Memories playing in high speed fast forward Dvd,
Forever tired but never sleepy,
Super sonic heart beating,
Always uncomfortable like I'm in a really bad meeting,
Rolling every 30 seconds,
Can't clear my head so I'm stressing,
Open my eyes and stay up late like this is one big mistake,
Nose is stuffy need fresh air,
Turn on the fan but no help there,Open window too cold out there,
So I suffer frown and bare,
I can't breathe and I can't sleep,
I can't rest because I can't think,
Sometimes I think I need a drink like gossipers need to speak,
White rum cranberry and sprite,
Sipping slow in dim light,
As my mind takes flight tipsy watching tv lights,
I stayed up all night so this was just another day,
But I still have to thank God for today,
Tired all day so I'm in a mental fight,
Let's just hope that I get to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment